1. What is Zeepay mobile money/wallet?
Zeepay Mobile Money is a fast, simple, convenient, affordable, and electronic wallet service that allows customers to easily store, send, and receive money. Much like a physical wallet, this digital wallet gives you somewhere to store your money, but with even more features and security. For instance, the Zeepay Wallet has compatible Near Field Communication (NFC) technology that allows you to link your wallet to your NFC tag. This functionality makes your mobile wallet accessible without a mobile phone. The service is offered by Zeepay in partnership with various third-party partners including banks.
2. How do I get a Zeepay wallet?
You need an active mobile number on any network.
Dial the USSD short code *270# and follow the prompts.
3. Do I need to buy a new sim to register for Zeepay Mobile Money?
You do not. You can register for Zeepay Mobile Money on your existing sim card even with an existing wallet.
4. How does Zeepay mobile money/ Wallet work?
Zeepay mobile money stores funds in a secure electronic account linked to a mobile phone number.
5. How safe is Zeepay mobile money?
As mobile money is a similar concept to a bank account, funds held in a mobile money account are protected by Bank of Ghana regulations. Zeepay is required to check the identity of users - making it much harder for fraudsters and criminals to use these services illegally.
Every transaction requires identification in the form of a secret PIN which you need to keep secret from others. Additionally, mobile money services store a record of every transaction and account balance, so even if the phone or SIM card is lost or stolen, the user’s money is kept safe.
6. What are the benefits of a Zeepay mobile wallet?
- Lower fees for cash out and transfer services
- Direct wallet to bank transactions
- Micro Insurance for as low as GHS2.50
- Receive, convert, and transfer cash pick up remittance into wallet.
- Send and Receive Money from all wallets regardless of the network.
- Buy airtime across all networks for your loved ones anywhere in the world from right
here in Ghana.
7. How do I load money into my Zeepay mobile money wallet
a. Cash in at any agent location by paying cash
b. Transfer e-value from any other mobile money wallet
c. You can also fund your wallet by visiting our website-myzeepay.com, select ‘Visa Top Up’ at the top right corner and fill out the form. This is done is seconds.
8. Who can I send money to?
a. Anyone with a valid sim across all networks
b. Any bank account without necessarily linking them.
9. What happens when I send money into a wrong Zeepay wallet?
You can contact the Zeepay support team in the app or directly to reverse the funds.
10. How do I access the fund in my Zeepay wallet?
a. Visit the nearest Zeepay agent for ease of redemption.
b. Generate a onetime password and key in at an ATM machine for cardless withdrawal
c. You can also transfer the funds to a third-party network (MTN/ AirtelTigo/Vodafone) or any bank account.
11. How much does it cost to have a Zeepay wallet?
It is free to maintain your Zeepay Mobile Money wallet. Charges are only applied to transactions you perform..
12. What do I need to get a Zeepay wallet?
During registration, you will need to provide the following details.
Tier 1 Registration
- Full (legal) name, exactly as it appears on your photo ID
- Date of birth, exactly as it appears on your photo ID
- A valid photo ID issued (passport, Voters ID, driver’s license, NHIS or Government- issued ID)
- Full residential address
- Your mobile telephone number, which will be your Zeepay Wallet number
- GPS/ digital address (optional)
Tier 2 Registration
In addition to the above, we will need
- Proof of Address
- Email Address
- A clear picture of the ID
In order to register on our tier 2 services and be able to transact up to GHS10, 000 in a day, call our office on 0302905700.
13. Why do I need to provide a photo ID?
It is important to keep your money safe. By asking for official identification, we can verify that people sending money are who they say they are, and should you lose your phone, we can authenticate you and your account. We are also required by the Bank of Ghana to carry out “Know Your Customer” compliance checks.
14. What do I do if I lose my sim or mobile phone?
Your money is safe because your wallet is protected by your mobile money pin. Please contact Zeepay to block your wallet by first authenticating yourself. Once you successfully replace your sim or phone, the wallet will be unblocked. You can contact our support team on email@example.com.
15. Can I send money to someone who is not registered on Zeepay mobile money?
Yes, you can send money from your Zeepay mobile wallet to any network or bank account in Ghana. Individuals not registered to any mobile money service will receive a token code by SMS that will be needed in withdrawing the funds at an agent point.
15. Do I need to have a bank account to use Zeepay mobile money?
No, you do not. Mobile money is available to anyone and you can send directly into any bank account with your Zeepay mobile money wallet.
16.Can I access the service from anywhere in the world?
Yes, you can but you would need to be on roaming to access the service as per your mobile network requirements.
17. Can someone withdraw money from my account on my behalf?
To do that, the person will need your PIN, you are advised not to share your PIN with
18. Are there any limits to my transactions?
a. For tier 1 users, you can only transact up to GHS5000 in a day.
b. For tier 2 users, you can transact up to GHS10000 in a day.